IF YOU ARE ONE OF MY PARENTS AND HAVE FOUND THIS SITE, PLEASE DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. THIS BLOG IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME, AND HELPS ME A LOT, AND I REALLY NEED YOU TO RESPECT MY PRIVACY AND STAY AWAY FROM IT.

Sunday 19 September 2010

Crying

I very, very rarely cry at films, TV programmes, books etc. I just don't. I never have done really. Very occasionally I will, but it really is very occasional - I can watch a film and everyone else in the cinema be in floods of tears, and I'm just not. Sometimes if I find something very sad then my eyes prick a bit, but I don't actually cry. It is so rare that any actual tears come out, that I can't remember the last time. So why on earth did I end up sobbing hysterically when watching Charlotte's Web on TV earlier?! I had seen it was on and though oh I always I liked that book, not seen this film version, I will watch that. I ended up this inconsolable mess, bawling my eyes out. For at least 15 minutes. Probably more. I actually felt completely devastated by it. I was still crying by the end, which is supposed to be happy. What is wrong with me?! I can sit through films about loads of people dying, terribly sad things happening, tragedies, and yet the death of a spider sends me into a complete state. Something is wrong there...

2 comments:

  1. I always cry at movies. Well, that's not really a fair assessment because I cry all of the time. But what really gets me crying is animal mistreatment/death. You can kill and injure as many people as you'd like, but please spare the animals. So I don't think you're crazy for crying during Charlotte's Web. Maybe there was something in the movie you connected with? Or maybe you just needed to (excuse the word) purge your emotions and the movie gave you some sort of outlet?

    Wishing you well,
    NOS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes things that remind me of childhood, such as films like Charlotte's web, seem to make me cry. I guess part of me would like to go back to easier times!

    But like NOS suggested, maybe the reason for crying isn't the thing - rather that you needed to. Take care x

    ReplyDelete