IF YOU ARE ONE OF MY PARENTS AND HAVE FOUND THIS SITE, PLEASE DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. THIS BLOG IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME, AND HELPS ME A LOT, AND I REALLY NEED YOU TO RESPECT MY PRIVACY AND STAY AWAY FROM IT.

Wednesday 9 February 2011

No change

I don't have much to say. Things are much the same. I was absolutely exhausted yesterday, and a combination of that, Diazepam, and Zopiclone managed to knock me out enough that I could sleep last night. The sleep was welcome, although I am still exhausted, but what I was more concerned about was not being awake during the night and feeling as desperate as I was the night before. I have no idea what will happen tonight, as I very much doubt I will be able to sleep again.

I spoke to my GP earlier. She seemed a bit perplexed that the crisis team had discharged me and I was back to just seeing L fortnightly. She said that she would speak to L, and I said that she wasn't there today, and she she said she would speak to her tomorrow. We talked a bit more and she decided she was going to call the crisis team again and get them to make contact with me this afternoon. I am assuming they told her to fuck off essentially, and that she then contacted the CMHT, as I have heard nothing from the crisis team, but I did get a phone call from the CMHT manager, saying that he had spoken to Dr O, and that he just wanted me to know that they are aware of how I am feeling. It was essentially a lot of patronising bollocks with him asking me if I knew I would be seeing the psychologist when I felt up to it, and me saying I know I am on the waiting list, and him then having to correct himself and admit that yes, I was on the waiting list. It pissed me off that he tried to imply that if I felt up to it then it could start now, which is clearly bollocks. She has apparently given them a good indication of what she feels is going on, which is lovely for them, and why I might feel like people aren't listening to me or rejected or abandoned (BPD anyone?) Anyway, he went on to say that they do understand how difficult I am finding things, and that the plan is that until I can see the psychologist (in 3 months time) to continue seeing L fortnightly, and have phone contact when required, and that he just wanted me to know that. So, the same as was happening before I was feeling suicidally depressed then? That's helpful. I appreciate my GP's efforts, but they appear to be in vain, as have my attempts at getting help been. I have tried absolutely everything now, apart from going to A&E, but I see that as entirely pointless, because that means being seen by the crisis team who discharged me two days ago, and presumably refused to take me on again today. I don't think anyone could claim that I haven't tried to get help to get through this.

I have to go to a rehearsal tonight which I am absolutely dreading, but I got out of Monday's by saying I had an upset stomach, and still got a rather narky text from the director, so there is no way of getting out of going tonight. That means I have to do things like get dressed and wash my hair, which feel ridiculously beyond me at the moment. I have to leave in an hour and a quarter and I've been trying to make myself get out of bed for about 3 hours now and failed.

8 comments:

  1. If I hadn't experienced the same lack of support in my time, I'd say that's unbelievable, but unfortunately I know that it is not. I want to say 'hang in there' but I know how incredibly difficult that can be. I'll leave it that you are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again,... Just don't know what to say. I know words dont help. But I'll try,...
    Sorry your still feeling so bad. Hope things turn around for you soon. It's a horrible place to be where your at now. I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you hun, hope things look up soon. and hope they start to give you more support, support you need and deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what to say Bip. I'm just flabergasted. It's just not good enough. I can't believe that the CC team think that talking to L fortnightly in anyway is an appropriate level of care considering how you've been feeling. You know I'm there if you need to talk. I just hope things start getting better for you soon. And I hope you bring it up with the GP again so she knows just what you're dealing with in this crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am *so* angry with them for you, hon. The morons. They *aren't* listening to you, BPD or not. Sometimes 'I understand' means just the opposite.
    I really don't know what else to say - still here if you need to talk.
    Hope you sleep again, medicate away if you need to.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how... bad they are at their job. You were asking for help and they pretty much said that they weren't going to help you. I am so angry for you.

    But I don't think you've tried everything yet. Yes, you've tried a lot, but there's still A&E, and there are still hundreds of meds or procedures that could help. Don't throw in the towel just yet. Please.

    Wishing you well,
    NOS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the support yet again. I really do appreciate it.

    NOS, There is A&E, but as I said - I would be assessed by the same crisis team who just discharged me, and who obviously refused to contact me today when my GP spoke to them, so that is clearly not going to have a good result.

    There are meds etc, there are therapies, but there is nothing I can access, so they may as well not exist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Argh I want to bang their heads together. Your poor GP must be going mad. I remember mine was getting pretty pissed off when I was getting similarly fobbed off. I think you just have to make the most of the support you can get from her, because it looks like no one else is going to help. :(

    ReplyDelete