IF YOU ARE ONE OF MY PARENTS AND HAVE FOUND THIS SITE, PLEASE DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. THIS BLOG IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME, AND HELPS ME A LOT, AND I REALLY NEED YOU TO RESPECT MY PRIVACY AND STAY AWAY FROM IT.

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Is hibernation an option?

I am having one of those days where I just want to curl up into a ball and disappear. I feel like shit and I don't want to have to see anyone or go anywhere ever again. I am supposed to go to a ballet class tonight, which is more or less the last thing I feel like doing. Actually anything thing involves leaving my bedroom and/or seeing people is. I could skip the class, but my teacher is already pissed off with me, because the show I am doing has meant that I can only do one ballet class a week usually instead of two, and she is not at all happy about that. This week is the only week in the foreseeable future (I don't want to foresee a fucking future) where I can make both classes, and that is because at the rehearsal tonight they are rehearsing a chorus number that I am not in. So I told her on Monday that I could make the class tonight, and got a lecture on why did I audition for a show that would mean I couldn't do both classes every week. But since I am already unpopular for that, I don't feel able to not go tonight when I have already said I would be able to go because I don't have a rehearsal. But I really don't want to go at all. And then the director of the show rung and said she wants to rehearse for three hours on Sunday, probably somewhere that is a 36 mile drive from where I live. Fantastic. I feel really fucking overwhelmed at the moment. I do not want to leave the house. I don't want to go to ballet tonight. I don't want to go to rehearsal on Sunday. I don't want anything. I just don't want to exist.

I am also really bloody pissed off with Sony. It has been established that it is a hardware problem, and therefore needs repairing. My warranty only covers collect and repair, which means being without my new laptop for 5 - 10 working days, so 1 - 2 weeks. I think that is completely unacceptable and want them to send out a technician - I don't give a flying fuck what my warranty is - their product had a serious fault within 2 days of me receiving it and that is not acceptable. It is not difficult to replace a touchpad - it would take them about 15 minutes I should think. So I am fighting that one, but having trouble getting hold of anyone who actually has any bloody authority. I have been told someone will call me back, but I am not holding my breath.

I feel so shit. I am having one of those days where I feel like smiling would hurt - it is too painful. I don't even feel capable of putting up my usual facade. I just want to curl up and die. Or hibernate. I don't care as long as it stops me feeling like this. Instead I have to pretend everything is ok and go off to a ballet class.

5 comments:

  1. *Squish*

    Hibernating is difficult when you've made commitments. Would taking some time away from ballet and things help, or would it make things worse? I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* I know the feeling. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to what you are saying. When you feel so bad dealing with even the most simple of things can seem like a mountain to climb. If you do go to the ballet class recognise that it is a huge achievement to have gone when you are feeling the way that you do. I hope things get better for you soon. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry Bippidee. I like what Danni said-- if you are feeling like going to ballet is making things worse then maybe you can take a break? I don't know if that's feasible or desirable for you. But it's something to think about.

    Good for you for standing up to yourself to Sony! I hope they give you what you want. It's ridiculous to wait two weeks for a simple repair on a machine you bought TWO DAYS AGO.

    Feel better, Bippidee. I hope ballet wasn't too bad.

    Wishing you well,
    NOS

    ReplyDelete