IF YOU ARE ONE OF MY PARENTS AND HAVE FOUND THIS SITE, PLEASE DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. THIS BLOG IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME, AND HELPS ME A LOT, AND I REALLY NEED YOU TO RESPECT MY PRIVACY AND STAY AWAY FROM IT.

Friday 1 October 2010

Back

So my back is still very painful. It was feeling quite a lot better yesterday, so I hoped that as long as I didn't do anything too extreme it would be ok at rehearsal. It wasn't. The first (and only) time my partner tried to pick me up I yelled out in a lot of pain, and that was the end of that. It is now back to being as bad as it was on Monday when I first did it. The lovely girl playing my mother in the show presented me with a pot of Tiger Balm at rehearsal, which does feel so unbelievably good when I put it on, but I don't know if it is actually helping. I phoned a physio earlier and asked what I should do, and was told to rest it, keep taking Ibuprofen and to ice it. I am really thinking it is much too cold for ice and that Tiger Balm or a hot water bottle would be a much better idea?! Anyway, she said to see how it is feeling by Monday, try a couple of things and see if it is hurting, and if it isn't better then to go in, so I have booked an appointment for Tuesday, which I can then cancel if it is better by then. Which I am really hoping it will be, since I have 2 and a half weeks until the show and the pas de deux needs so much rehearsal time still. I saw Dr O this afternoon, and she gave me some stronger painkillers/anti inflammatorys so hopefully they will help. She asked if I had been putting anything on it, and I said Tiger Balm - she said hot water bottles were good. I said about the physio saying I should ice it, and she said 'That sounds a really masochistic thing to do in this weather - I would totally go for the hot water bottle!' I think I am going to go that route....

1 comment:

  1. Feel better soon! Injuries stink.

    Wishing you well,
    NOS

    ReplyDelete