IF YOU ARE ONE OF MY PARENTS AND HAVE FOUND THIS SITE, PLEASE DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. THIS BLOG IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME, AND HELPS ME A LOT, AND I REALLY NEED YOU TO RESPECT MY PRIVACY AND STAY AWAY FROM IT.

Thursday 15 July 2010

Line learning

I am feeling really stressed about The Tempest. I have less than 2 weeks until the performances, and I just can't get the lines in my head. They just aren't sticking, and I don't know what to do. I just feel so crap about the whole thing. I'm not enjoying it, and I am just getting more and more worried about not being able to learn the lines, and letting everyone down, and being crap, to the point where it is making me really want to overdose, because if I am not alive then I won't have to learn these bloody lines. I just feel completely shit and useless, and really pressured by it all. I wish I could learn lines like I used to, but I just don't have the concentration at the moment, or the motivation. I wish I had never got involved with it.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry things are so stressful right now. I think I can understand how you are feeling about the overdose. But of course I want you to stay safe.

    All I can say, Bippidee, is that I'm on your side.

    Wishing you well,
    NOS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sing them - then much easier to remember

    ReplyDelete
  3. Song lyrics are always easier to remember, this is true. But with this it isn't just my lines, in fact my chunks of lines aren't too bad to remember - it is remembering the cue lines too. And what order I say my lines in - I have a lot that are very similar, I say 'O the heavens' multiple times, and lots of things along the lines of 'Alack, for pity', 'Alack, for mercy', 'Woe the day!', and it is just all so confusing. I just don't think I can do it, and I have never felt like that before about learning things, and I have done plenty of Shakespeare before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You CAN do it Bip. I have watched you now for months thinking that you cannot go on and you do and you do it well and with self-respect. Have you been working with someone? That might help.
    I believe you can do this.
    xx kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! Actors forget things all the time... the other actors can kinda "help you" when you get stuck by ad-libbing. And if you say O the heavens instead of alack, for pity... I doubt anyone is going to be checking the play to see if you were right. If they do check, those people are lame and have nothing better to do with their lives! Just go out there and be in character and it will fall into place! :-)

    ReplyDelete